Before getting started, isn’t the image above a lovely one? Doesn’t it just make you feel happy looking at it? Daphne Groeneveld has such a lovely smile. Make it your mission to smile today; each smile is unique and beautiful!
L O V E L Y L I N K S ::
* Wellness: Work Life Balance: A Creative Gal’s Guide to the Daily Grind.
* Art: Last week, I posted about Artwork. By chance, I found this post which offers great advice on How to Build an Art Collection.
* Recipe: Breakfast: Strawberry Thyme Yogurt.
* Instagram: Tips from What Olivia Did.
* Travel: 18 Amazing Swimming Pools.
R E C E N T N E W S A R T I C L E S ::
* The *news* this week isn’t pretty [it rarely is], but it is informative.
* Personal Safety: I believe there to be a rise in Shark Attacks. Be careful!
* Health: MERS is a Health Crisis with Political and Economic Costs.
* Photography: Photographer Mary Ellen dies at 75.
* International News: France basilica fire: Saint-Donatien in Nantes in Ruins.
* International News: Wanted Sudan Leader Bashir Flees South Africa. [br]
W E E K E N D M U S I N G S :: Five years ago I became vegan overnight. Needless to say, it was quite a dramatic change. Two years later, I started eating dairy products again, mainly eggs and cheese, but no cow’s milk (ever). Nowadays, I also eat a bit of seafood here and there, so technically I am a Pescatarian. Finding the right diet and what works for you can be time consuming and complex. For me there are many benefits to not eating meat, but the one that stands out the most is that I now listen to my body’s cravings. I would have to say, I had more clarity of what I needed when I was purely vegan; for me, cheese has been a sort of filler for my meals, the added item that makes me feel I am eating more whole. I know that isn’t so nutritionally, and I have eaten vegan cheese and felt completely satisfied, but there is nothing like the saltiness of feta, the creaminess of brie, etc that I simply love. To each their own.
With respect to this weekend, it was spent getting a much needed hair cut, a dinner to celebrate my sweet aunt and uncle’s 70th birthdays and just rejuvenating on Sunday. I hope you had an equally pleasant weekend. I want to welcome all new readers. You can follow along on facebook [don’t forget to “like” the page in order to receive my post updates on your feed] or bloglovin. All the very best for a gorgeous week ahead.
Images: No. 1 // No. 2-8