* In my view, simple equates elegance. Such is the case with this recipe. It is easy to make and will no doubt complement the entrée, especially if a lovely full-body red wine is flowing, such as a Shiraz, Merlot, Merlot-Cabernet or Ripasso.
* 1/2 bottle of red wine
* 1/3 cup sugar
* 1 cup water
* 1 pint vanilla bean ice cream
* Pour the wine in a large baking dish
* In a small pot, heat the water and sugar until the sugar is dissolved. Pour this mixture into the baking dish with the wine.
* Place the baking dish in the freezer and after an hour, scrape the sizes with a fork, bringing the crystals into the middle.
* Repeat this process every 30 minutes. The whole process takes 4 hours.
* To assemble, place one scoop of ice cream in a small glass bowl and top with heaping spoons of granita.
Source: Honestly Yum