* About 2 medium size ripe Hass Avocados
* 1 bar of 70% organic chocolate or 1/2 cup of raw cacao powder
* Raw honey or Agave nectar (eyeball it – sweetness depends on your preference)
* one tsp Vanilla extract
* 10 Mejool Dates
* 1 1/2 cup raw almonds soaked overnight
* or 1 1/2 cup roasted cashew or walnuts
* Agave or honey for more sweetness
Grind the nuts of your preference in a food processor or blender. Add the dates. It should form into a dough-like texture. Transfer to a bowl and add honey or agave and put a bit of cinnamon. Work the dough and press into a pie dish or plate.
Open the avocado and remove the pits. Scoop out the flesh and put in the food processor or blender. Pour in the vanilla, honey or agave in it. Add the melted chocolate if using the chocolate bar. If using cacao powder, just mix them into the avocado and blend. Resist putting liquid.
The mixture should come out thick and smooth. Pour into the nut pie crust you just made. Level the mousse and decorate with fruits, nuts or cacao chocolate nibs. Put in the freezer for about an hour to firm up before slicing.
Source: Image, Decade // Recipe, here.