Happy New Year, lovelies! I hope you had a wonderful Christmas and wish you each a beautiful 2019 filled with hope, compassion, good health and an abundance of love!!
Yesterday, feeling quite a lot of FOMO (fear of missing out), despite best efforts to ignore this social media toxic reflex, I couldn’t help wondering why I have let another year pass — and let me tell you they pass so much more quickly with age — without one noteworthy thing/event/accomplishment to single out! Honestly, this isn’t a distorted comparison to others, I simply don’t have anything to highlight, sadly! I think (know) it has to do with the fact that I spent most of my time since retirement trying to rediscover myself, identifying my passions (which are photography, art & travel) and identifying which niche to focus on for the blog/instagram, etc. In trying not to rush this process, there is, sadly, nothing tangible to show for it.
So, if 2017 and 2018 have been focussed on finding myself and my passions, etc, 2019 will be a year to get things accomplished as I have always had and still have so many ideas and so many projects to see to fruition.
Today I remind myself:
“THERE IS NO GREATER AGONY than
BEARING AN UNTOLD STORY
INSIDE YOU” ~ Maya Angelou
Therefore, my intentions for 2019 are:
1. To not let my perfectionist tendencies get in the way of seeing through any of my goals, projects or visions.
2. To practice gratitude & cherish the present, every day.
3. To continue to plan & dream, as those are some of my unique attributes, but be selective in what I want to see through and apply realistic timelines to get it done.
4. To let go of my insecurities and try not to care what others will think of me.
5. To make 2019 a year to remember!